2 Apr 2013

Denim and sweater fabric brooches

ελληνικό κείμενο 

Hello everyone, I have been away from my blog for many days because I am spending a lot of time trying to organize my craft supplies shop and push it one step closer to what I want to make it. Spring is here and where we live it feels really wonderful. It awakened my slightly sleepy desire for home decor projects. Last Saturday though I felt the urge to make something small and quick for myself, something girly to go with the sunny weather.








I opened my magic closet and took out some old denim and sweater pants (I have bags of them) and decided to make a brooch. I also found this cute pink dotted fabric and white lace.




I cut one circle of the sweater fabric and one of the denim fabric. I used the scalloped scissors to cut circles of the pink fabric. Each circle was slightly smaller than the previous. I also cut four equally sized circles of the lace fabric.




I put one circle on top of the other and secured them with a few stitches in the centre.






I folded each lace circle twice and sewed their point right on the centre of the circles.







This was too much sewing for me so I used fabric glue to attach a pin on the back.




As soon as I finished I thought I could make another evening but not too formal brooch. I re-opened my magic closet and pulled out some black lace and a vintage button.




I cut two circles of denim and sweater fabric and then pleated the lace in a free form way. I played a little with it until I liked the result.






I sewed the lace on the fabric circles and added the button. I finished with gluing the pin on the back.




This post links to: 
Show me what you got
My uncommon slice of suburbia
The inspiration board 
Handmade Tuesdays  
Tuesday to do party 
Pintastic Tuesday 
Wow me Wednesday
The creative spark 
Your whims Wednesday 
We did it Wednesday 
Whatcha Work - up Wednesday 
Create and share 
Rolled up pretty 
What we wore, read and made

3 comments:

Green Girl said...

Love the DIY! it looks easy enough to do and i think Im gonna try it :) thanks, happy monday=)

zina said...

Great ideas! adorable both of them :)

Mormorsglamour- pyssel och inredning said...

This one is so pretty! It´s great to get organized sometimes, I just have to be better on that...