30 Jul 2008

My favorite kitchen item

No, it's not my Tupperware collection, nor my 50s style Smeg refrigerator because I can't afford one. It's my tiny empty tomato pulp cans. Nothing rare or special but I love their old fashioned style and their red color. I buy them in the super-market for less than 0,50 equally for their outside and their inside. They are produced by and old greek canning factory and I am glad they never "modernized" or "renovated" this package, I hope they 'll never do. I have them standing on my window sill next to a vintage tin box of the coffee I drink.





Here ΄s another kitchen decorated with vintage style cans.





The photo is taken from an old issue of greek magazine Inside.



2 comments:

Dina said...

They bring so many memories back. I used to mess with the open cans when i was little ending up with cuts on my fingers. Always went back for more though i loved the swan picture :)

Eleni Psyllaki said...

Φανταστικά δεν είναι? Και με λίγο time travel βλέπουμε ότι τα κονσερβάκια αυτά σχεδόν διπλασίασαν την τιμή τους τα τελευταία χρόνια..
Φιλάκια!